The avocado has steadily grown in popularity over the years. Driving factors for this trend are mostly due to the amazing health benefits associated with it. However, our society’s fear of fat and the misconception that surrounds the avocado’s fat content have made it difficult for some to start introducing the delicious fruit into their diet.
The fact of the matter is that avocados are a superfood that we cannot ignore. With the proper information, we can learn about how amazing this fruit is and realize why avocados should be our new best friend.
In the video below, dietician Joe Leech breaks down in great detail the nutritional value gained from consumption of the avocado and gives us what he thinks to be the 5 most powerful benefits of the avocado fruit. The 5 benefits, according to him, are:
- Avocado is incredibly nutritious.
- They contain more potassium than bananas.
- Avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- The fat in avocados can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods.
- Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes.