Get Your Bok Choy Fix For the Summer
As we enter into the summer, it can be easy to fall into the trap of unhealthy barbecue eating. However, there are ways to get around that and that’s by grilling up some delicious vegetables. One such vegetable is Bok Choy. With it being so packed with vitamins, Bok Choy makes the perfect addition to any summer BBQ party.
This recipe by Dishing Up The Dirt provides a creative, healthy, and delicious way to add Bok Choy to your summer BBQ events. It combines a combination of carbs, dairy, and seasonings to transform this Chinese lettuce into a flavorful dish that your house guests can enjoy. You can adjust the recipe’s seasonings below to your preference.
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES SERVES: 4
- 1 loaf of good quality bread
- 2 heads of bok choy
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional for serving if desired
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- flakey sea salt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Cut the bread into small cubes. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and dry out slightly in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and pulse the bread in a food processor until they’re small crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium. Slice the heads of bok choy in half lengthwise. Drizzle with the olive oil and rub it in until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place the bok choy cut side down on the grill. Cover and cook until tender and lightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, the parmesan cheese, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Place the bok choy on a platter and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Season with flakey sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve warm.
If you are interested in reading more about this recipe or want to check out similar recipes to it, please check out Dishing Up The Dirt’s website.
←Back to Main Blog